Monday 8 February 2021

Hi,

Another strange week feeling out of sync with the world. Along with the sampler shown here last week I have inherited a set of 1930's tarot cards and a very useful laptop which I will drop into our nearest computer shop to have completely wiped and checked over before I set it up as my dedicated craft machine.

So much for my no spend attempt, in a moment of madness I ordered the cxc version of the complete dmc range plus cross stitch fabric... I'm putting it down to stress shopping !!



I do have a couple of projects in mind and as they are experiments involving 60 or so colours I couldn't really afford to do them in DMC, more about that later.

I've not really been able to settle down to anything crafty this week so I've just been working on my Quaker sampler in the few snatched minutes early in the morning before starting soring out various family paperwork etc.


I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a reasonable day to be able to wash and drip dry my last lot of spinning before I decide whether to over dye or not but the weather forecast seems to be permanently  against me. All I want is to be able to let the skeins drip outside rather than in the house.

Suddenly I've had an order for hats and handspun! I've not sold any in the last 12 monthly due to the various lockdown sand lack of tourists in general at the croft shop that I usually supply with a skeins during the year. To be honest I've not been spinning or knitting much lately, preferring to stitch at the moment however I may structure my day for the next few weeks to include both hobbies.


And I've cast on some fingerless mitts, large enough for male hands this time. Simple rib knit with short thumbs which are knitted complete with the body of them. I don't like the look of mitts with just a slit for the thumb and equally dislike knitting thumbs in  so I'm trying this option.

Incase you are wondering, I keep back any skeins with knots in and also spin four ply weight for my own knitting.

Ooh and we are having a snowy day, snow forecast all days o I'm staying inside nice and dry  :-)


1 comment:

Araignee said...

Your Quaker is so beautiful. I just ordered the material for the pattern I bought last fall and I can't wait to get started even though it is technically a Christmas Quaker.