Friday 17 December 2021

Sorry I'm late, been a bit busy

 Hi

I've been busy over the last couple of weeks so not a lot of crafting. I managed to knit another black and white hat and gave some attention to the big red thing.


Vehicle update, car has been collected by the garage for repairs and we have a very new hire car for the time being. Van repairs have stalled due to covid hitting the dealership, we popped down earlier and hopefully we will have the van to use over Christmas assuming that the electrical charging problem is down to bad batteries and will drop it back off with them for the other repairs in the New Year.

My time has been taken up by making headway on the destash. Books have been rehomes or prepared for sale, magazines thrown out once useful patterns have been saved.



Whilst sorting the magazines I spotted a familiar design on the cover of one from the 1980s'



This is the Midland Bank Griffin, the bank even had large plastic griffins in their banking halls at one point, they were taken over by HSBC many years ago.



Thread have been sorted and fibres bagged up for the local guild. Two trips to the tip and one very large car full to the local charity shop. I have three bags of craft items to gift to nearby groups.






I've only just started to scratch the surface with the clearout but the scratch is getting deeper !!

Time to relax with some knitting.


Have a great week x

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Wowza! That's one heck of a destashing. I need to do the same thing. Right now I am doing it with my kitchen and glassware. So many boxes of stuff I don't need.
Your stitching is gorgeous. That is one beautiful piece!