Monday 1 January 2024

Happy New Year, crafty plans for 2024

 Hi, just a quick post to wish everyone a happy New Year and to remind myself what I really want to complete next year out of the projects lying around.

Spinning update, I've now spun the remainder of the mixed breed batts and these should be plyed today ready for the dye bath later this week, I also have a couple of skeins on Texel to dunk as well.



Again the big red thing.....this has to be finished soon before I get fed up with it,



I have washed all my finished headbands and blocked the scarf so they are out of the way now. I still have some hats to wash though.




I also reskeinned and labelled 800gm of yarn yesterday so that is up to date.



2024 band project now has a second band on it. I have planned the next one based on a historical Russian? design. The first design is by Fox and Rabbit SAL 2017, the small bit of blackwork is from a Gift of Stitching magazine. My plan is to stitch things that catch my eye as we go through the year using mainly threads purchased from charity shops.



My black sampler could also do with being finished.



Other than the usual spin/knit/lace/etc that's about it for crafting plans.

Our travels will continue with three short trips by car on the agenda as well as a longer trip or two in the van. Two Ukulele festivals are booked so we can meet up with our Uke friends.

The house destash will also continue as we want to reduce our belongs by around half and I even have a friend coming round to help me be ruthless with my wardrobe !


1 comment:

Araignee said...

What a lovely array of projects. I just sat at my wheel for the first time in ages while the household was still asleep. My bobbin had to be dusted off-as did my loom. That's never a good sign.
Happy New Year!