Wednesday 17 July 2024

Days 18 & 19 busy, busy, busy

 Hi, I've been busy over the last couple of days, some spinning has occurred on both days.

The bowmont on the Nano yesterday and some more LLeyn on the Ashford today.


Have you ever been asked for handspun yarn that looks handspun? Yep, apparently mine can be too consistant for people looking for 'proper' hand spun . So I'm spinning a couple of hundred grams at lightning speed as a result.

I find I can spin thick , thin, whatever but being asked to leave in the lumps, bumps and vegetation really stumps me.

I have also been washing fleece and even picking up random fleece from doorsteps. long story, but one of the two looks really nice.


                                                  larger bag is ryeland, the other is north country mule

1 comment:

Araignee said...

I wish I could figure out how to NOT have the lumps and bumps I get when I process my own fiber. Your singles are exquisite. I wish I had your skill.